Monday, February 07, 2011

Curse the comfort zone.

Or what was I thinking?

Let me start by saying...Wendy Bernard of Custom Knits is a Genius. I on the other hand...well, I've doubled the amount of pink in my wardrobe. Pink- and I don't mean the songtress.

It's the Updated Old Classic. And while I understand my thought process in making it the hues I did (branch out from comfort zone, try something different, saw one on rav that didn't gag me). This project almost didn't live. The pattern was lovely, the knitting easy, I even got the point where I steeked it, and then stalled out for 6 months...stumped by the color. But finally pulled it back out and finished it off. I hereby declare...no more pink, 2 pink things is all this wardrobe can handle. On the other hand, I now have a comfortable, casual 50%wool 50% alpaca sweater to toss on in place of a sweatshirt, and my dislike of the color will keep me from "saving it for good." So perhaps it has a busy future. Or perhaps someone will trade me yarn for the sweater & I'll knit a new one.

I did change the neck cord to a yarn one, but I'm too lazy to take a new photo.

1 comment:

ChelleC said...

How cute is that? And you look fantastic in it. Oh la la.