Sunday, April 10, 2011

Leading a life of quiet...

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation." HD Thoreau

In my case, not desperation, just quiet habit. I just keep chugging away. Better suited to Thoreau's "...and makes life seem inexpressibly serene and grand."

I cast off Wisp-Act II. Led on only by my remembered love of the first Wisp. It was no less a tedious bore to knit the second time. And after Chelle's Wisp arrived I did give serious consideration to ripping, but decided on a Wisp finished as better than a skein unknit.



I finished the Right Pointelle. With the non patterned foot. I did continue the extended ridgeline because I don't think that will be as annoying as weird lace patterns embossed on the top of my foot. And being a good knitter - promptly cast on the left one. Check for that photo in about 5 months.

2 comments:

melanie said...

That sock is gorgeous! ( ROFLMAO on the second sock...)

ChelleC said...

Love your WISP. Very nice.