Saturday, October 11, 2008

How did that happen?

I realised today that all my projects are either on tiny needles (size 0) or on small needles (size 2) and really complicated with charts. As a result I am fighting the urge to slurp up 3 skeins of Cedar Tweed Cascade 220 and cast on a slipover. Or pull the February Lady pattern out and start on it in Valley Sugarloaf. Picture sweating brow as I turn from thoughts of size 9s and contemplate current WIPs

I did finish one sock today - Yay!
I began with Lucy Neatby's Square Bosnian Toe from Cool Socks Warm Feet


Worked my way up to the short row heel, remembered vividly why I don't like short row heels. I am a loose knitter and my socks run about 48 stitches around on a zero, which when combined with a short row heel always leaves me with either a line of wrap/turns under my heel or the sock pulls down into the shoe.

According to standard sock instructions this is the point to start working the leg. Uh right.

So I filled it in with short rows, to oppose the shortness.

More about the leg if I ever finish the second sock.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I dislike short row heels too. Heel flaps just it my feet better. Love the yarn colorway you're using!

Kim said...

Oh, I know what you mean about the small needle projects. I've been casting on right and left!

Love the colorway for your socks.

Shelly in Omaha said...

EEEEKKKKK! SOCKS! Perhaps it is because I am such a neophyte or that I don't knit regularly, but I think socks are very, very scarey! E, you need to come back and give me some more crash courses.