Friday, January 18, 2008

A break from packing.

In order to gain perspective I did indeed take a break from packing to feed the gargantuan amount of stitches from the current row of the Gathering of Lace Feather and Fan Shawl onto a lifeline. It was very helpful to see it spread out and converted it from an amorphous jellyfish into something lacey and lovely. At the same time it’s disheartening to realize that one row currently is equal to 14 rows on a sock. And that each continuing row will only get larger. Sigh.
While I was at it I pulled the Malabrigo vogue cardigan out of its project bag to see where I really stand. I think this one will stay in Wisconsin while I go to the Pacific Northwest.


In keeping with the Socks from Stash group I did finish the first of a pair for TAO. Sadly I do not feel the love with this project and am not looking forward to it's mate. I have been fiddling around with a different new technique for 2 at once socks, but find that to be even more annoying than just having to keep good notes for a second sock. The switching back and forth converts it into a finicky little chore instead of a soothing and calming rosary. I like learning new techniques though.

No comments: