Friday, January 30, 2009

Bleah on Maturity....

Have you ever had on of those patterns that just "oh, oh, I have to make that. NOW? The new Knitty Surprise pattern is one of those for me. It fits in perfectly with my work, and I know just the person to give it to, they would get the joke but still honor the knitting work. And it looks like Fun.

But........

My stash is there and I am here. (Picture map of any scale with two dots very far from each other.)

I probably have yarn in the stash I could use for this. You know the kind, inexpensive but good yarn, perfect for a gag gift; leftover from some other project. I can wait 5 weeks until the stash and I are together, however I would no longer work with the receiptent. I can attempt to communicate with TAO and hope the right yarn arrives. (For the record...previous attempts at this have not been wildly successful. It's like asking me to get the ogee router bit.)

I could use one of my 4 project-deal-a-meal cards. But that's like using your cheat points to eat butter on brussel sprouts, you want to save it for a caramel vanilla dessert instead. It was easier when I would have either waited or just bought the yarn.

I could skip the whole thing. I do think it's funny that the pattern calls the aorta and pulmonary arteries "valves" instead of vessels.

Hmmn, what to do, what to do.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Well, if you're going to knit it up right away, it's not really adding to your stash, so I think you are ok with buying the yarn in this instance.