Sunday, March 29, 2009

Marched to the Finish

It's finally done - 1200 yards of Malabrigo Worsted, 5 wooden buttons from Blue Moon, excellent instructions from Custom Knits for top down set in sleeves, and I present the Lettuce Coat....

I did very few changes to the pattern; omitting the buttons on the sleeves, adding a "SuperHero Boob Mask" and some short rows in the back because the coat is designed for androgynous women without curves. It doesn't flatter my hiney in the least but it's so snuggly and warm that I don't care! And it snowed yesterday so I can still wear it! Yay! For the amount of work involved I would recommend using a yarn that will wear better than Malabrigo, perhaps DIC Classy?

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Very pretty! It looks beautiful on you - and such a gorgeous color!

Kim said...

Lovely! Actually, the behind area looks well-masked. It must be incredibly yummy to wear, Malabrigo is so soft!

ChelleC said...

Amazing! Your hard work paid off. The color is wonderful. I can just imagine the softness of that Malabrigo. The coat is smashing on you.

JessaLu said...

Wonderful sweater!