Sunday, July 05, 2009

FOs are blooming


Done! My Snapdragon socks are finished, with two of a gauge that let me put them on. I suppose I could have just knit the second sock to match the first gauge and given them as a gift, but Snapdragons are my favourite flower, and, well...I'm not that giving. (and I have so few hand-knit sock worthies in my life.)

I'm not certain about the sudden and swift pooling that occurred on each sock, I would have preferred the stripeyness of the foot to have prevailed but there didn't seem to be a pattern to the yarn puddles, although it was repeated in each skein. Oh well, flowers grow like that too.

Details:
Size 2.0mm for foot, 2.25 for leg, 3.0 for bindoff
Pattern: Diagonal Lace from Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy D. Johnson
Mods: only the toe, changed it to try a variation I won't be using again.
Yarn: SweetGeorgia Superwash Sock in Snapdragon

3 comments:

Kim said...

What an effect the yarn made - gorgeous!

ChelleC said...

I love those socks. How absolutely beautiful!!!

tina said...

Love your socks.......... gorgeous. I have been on a no sock kick and wonder if I will ever knit them again? Hmmmm.