Thursday, March 20, 2008

Is it Mardi Gras if you're alone?

Seriously, Purim is a Holiday of Unity.The three main observances of Purim all radiate with the theme of togetherness. Despite being a wry and creative woman I just can't get up the gumption to wear a costume and rattle a gragger all by myself.

I did take Mojitos to work in an assortment of bottles and sent them home with people. Not enough to make it "until you can't tell the difference between 'Cursed is Haman, Blessed is Mordechai.'" But enough that I figured festive meals would be enjoyed.

Purim is among other things a celebration of survival against many odds. Appropriate on both cultural and personal levels. However, I think I'll celebrate by going to bed early and taking Hamentashen to work tomorrow.

Woof, it's been a long week. Good thing I have a great bag.

No comments: