Sunday, March 30, 2008

Make One Year of Lace Kit One



The Post Arrived. Check out the yummy colour from Claudia Hand Paint Yarns. It's a special dyelot for the Make One Year of Lace Club. Silk Lace 20/2 in Sivia's Hot Brick Orange. I have 2 skeins of this type of yarn in the stash already wound into cakes, and now I am a little sorry. I am making Nancy Bush's Ene Scarf in Woodland Moss and it's very slick.

However, some of the Canadians who got their kits a week before the rest of us, had commented on the extensive crocking of this vibrant hue. Therefore when my skein came, it received three rinses in Sweetness SOAK. Even the third sinkful was still reddish in hue. But when I balled up the 1100 yards the next day the yarn had bloomed and was still lovely, but not so slick - more manageable in the skein and the needle. Live and Learn, Eh?

And my more adventurous/fashionable/crafty friends of the blog world will be glad know that the Phoenix Rising Shawl by Sivia Harding has Beads. I know how some of you are about a little bling.

5 comments:

Shorty said...

Lucky you! The colors are absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to see it knit up.

S.

tina said...

That is positively delicious!!!! I'll be anxiously watching you knit that sweet baby up!

ChelleC said...

That will indeed be beautiful.

Jennifer said...

Ooo, that's pretty!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn and a beautiful shawl pattern. I too will be watching for the process for creation. Shelly in Omaha