Sunday, April 27, 2008

Stalking the wild Asparagus... I mean yarn purchase

A short time ago, I pledged that I would NOT buy more yarn until at least the following were finished:

April Socks

Chocolate Cherry Socks - These will be the socks for May in Nancy Bush's Whitby pattern
Something in the Butter Peeps or Paris Nights yarn - this was a mental error, I didn't pack the Paris Nights, I packed the Handmaiden Mini in Ebony so consider this revised.

Wicked or TAOs Smokin. I actually got most of one Wicked sleeve done before spending time with Sir Frogsalot, buying different needles and now I am happy with how my sleeve is working out.
The five center reps of the Phoenix Rising. Yeah, this might be a problem child. I spent a little time away from this, still not happy with it. Still undecided. Still considering ripping and using the yarn for something else. Aaargh!

I am slowly closing in. Which is good because I saw the NordicStars by Candace Eisner-Strick and am really tempted to make this as a Warm winter sweater for me. It's even made of a relatively affordable yarn. As opposed to the Lopi that I am tempted to make myself whenever I wear TAOs cardigan.


And for those who remember today's Book Title, I was pleased to see new reprints from as late as 1988 were available.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Great progress! Wicked is on my list and it's great to see yours progressing along.

Jennifer said...

I like the color you've chosen for Wicked!

ChelleC said...

Wicked is gorgeous. Please don't frog it. You look wickedly good in it