Sunday, September 16, 2007

I feel a little faint.


So I toodled down to Hemlock yesterday. It was crisp and cool with not much sun. Perfect for those of us who must avoid it. I think of all the fibery things I've been to in the past year, this was my favourite. It had a lovely selection of vendors (including my very favourite), enough interesting animals,
and fair food; but it's a "small" venue and consequently I was not stepped on a million times, nor was I run over by pushy people with prams or electric craft. You could get into the booths without employing DPNs or elbows. All in all, lovely.

I was utterly charmed by these little Shetland Sheep. They are smaller than my neighbors dog and would be a nice addition to our spare lot, but I don't think TAO would go for it eh?




Now about the palpitations...I bought a batch of 10 old Spinoff magazines and a very gently used copy of Fair Isle Knitting. Total price? $15.00! Yes, I know, no words.
I plan to use part of the book combined with the Lucy Neatby DVDs to make the "Who Me?!?" vest. That's a different post which will either be very cool or a raging disaster.

There were some purchases of course: Replacement slippers for mine with the holes in the soles, icelandic wool from ladies I know, and some wool that will become subtle marled yarn. And a little bit of Baby Camel from Bob at Winderwood Farms.
Then there was the
Bosworth Tulipwood spindle. I bought a wheel because drop spindling really bothered my shoulder but I decided to try again. If it is still an issue I can easily re-sale this art for what I paid.

There was supposed to be a bag of cotton candy made from Maple Syrup in the photo, but some redheaded Jewish girl ate it all.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks like you had fun! I love Bosworth spindles, and the tulipwood ones are very pretty.

JessaLu said...

Sounds like lots of fun! Love the Bosworth - and I totally understand about the cotton candy. Maple is my favorite ;o)

melanie said...

Well, I can certainly vouch for Shetland Sheep (having six of my own) They are very cute, and The Adored One will have a hard time resisting....really.

ChelleC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ChelleC said...

Those Shetland Sheep are adorable. I can see why you'd want to take one home.

The drop spindle really IS a work of art. And it looks light weight.