Thursday, September 06, 2007

New stuff I learned....

I learned that, perhaps, maybe, if you are knitting mittens for the first time ever, you should start with fast easy ones instead of chosing #4-15 from Anna Zilboorg's Magnificent Mittens. (Out of Print).

I learned that while the 'invisible thumb' is a cute trick in knitting, a gusseted thumb would make more comfortable wearing. I fear greatly for how the palm will stretch when The Adored One wears these.

I was reminded that charted knitting is not good walking around knitting. Even so these went quickly.

I decided that when I knit the next pair of patterned mittens they will be for my Best Friend Judy, so I can use prettier colours. These are safely knit in Knitpicks Palette in Mist and Black.

6 comments:

tina said...

Those mittens are AMAZING. I want them. I want them bad.

If I pout and do it Just Right will you give me more pattern info so I can properly stalk it on eBay or something?????

tina said...

Comment Two: OHMYGOSH!!!! Did you know that on Amazon that book starts at $79.00 and goes up to $200.00????????

My chin is dragging the floor!!!!!

Jennifer said...

I love them! Beautiful.

Karen said...

Oh those mittens are gorgeous! I love the colors...they'll go with everything. I have that book but haven't tried any of them yet.

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! I am sooooo impressed. But then again I could only expect magnificance for such a magnificent person. I am humbled in your presence oh great one!

ChelleC said...

Those mittens are fantastic. I hope the Adored One is appropriately impressed.