Sunday, June 01, 2008

Tagged

Chelle at Hanging By a Thin Thread tagged me for this MEME.


1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Living in Kentucky working a "real" job in a hospital. I had a co-worker from H-ll and used to cry all the way to work and all the way home. The day I got fired I just kept thinking "what will I tell TAO?" And when I told him; he said "Thank G-d, that job was ruining our marriage." Funny thing is, my nemesis quit without notice a few weeks later and the docs asked me back. R-i-ight.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today? This is my one day off, what list?

3. Snacks I enjoy: Chips with my "bring TAO to his knees" dip, pears fresh off our tree, Doritos, caramel, iced decaf coffee.

4. Places I’ve lived: Rather than type type type, I'll just list states: California, Oregon, Idaho, Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennesee, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, Virginia, Ohio,Alaska, Minnesota,Nebraska, New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, but I'm not very old so I'll see where else I can fit in.

5. Things I’d do if I were a billionaire: After figuring out what TAO wants (he's worked very hard to build a business and may/may not want to move) I'd open a small business with appropriate support staff. Create a scholarship for my 14 cousins and 1 niece. Then I would start a quiet foundation that would do things in small quiet ways. Fund green spaces with programs to involve the community in keeping them clean. Donate to libraries, not buildings but sundries. Adopt classrooms for supplies and outings. Nothing flashy just enough to tip the scale in favour of those who are trying for something more. Oh, and have a bathroom with a jacuzzi tub.

6. People I want to know more about: I love people's stories. Unless it's really early in the morning. I like finding out about plain people, they have such interesting detours that take them to where they are today.

Rather than tag specific people, I'll just invite y'all to play along. If you do drop me a comment so I can come read it also.

2 comments:

ChelleC said...

Very interesting - yes plain people have very rich stories to tell and I too loving hearing them. Especially depression-era folks. What rich lives they lived!

Anonymous said...

I did this meme!

I LOVE people's stories...what a great way to look at that question, my view was more specific lol